APRIL 1, 2008
THE COUNTRY CORNER
- Women may face up to 30 days
in jail if they impersonate Santa
- In Minneapolis, double-parkers
can be put on a chain gang.
- Every man in Brainerd is
required by law to grow a beard.
- It's illegal to tease skunks.
- It is
still legal to kill one's
Truro, a would-be groom must
"prove himself manly"
prior to marriage by hunting and
killing either six blackbirds or
- In Saco,
women are forbidden from wearing
frighten timid persons, children
children may purchase shotguns in
Kansas City, they are not allowed
to buy toy cap guns.
considers drunkenness an
- It is a felony
for a wife to open her husband's mail.
- It is a
misdemeanor to show movies that depict
acts of felonious crime.
- In Whitehall, it
is illegal to operate a vehicle with ice
picks attached to the wheels.
- It is illegal for a mother to give
her daughter a perm without a state
- In Waterloo, barbers are forbidden
from eating onions between 7am and 7pm.
- In Omaha, barbers are forbidden from
shaving their customers' chests.
- If a child burps during a church
service in Omaha, his or her parents may
- It is illegal for bar owners to sell
beer unless they are simultaneously
brewing a kettle of soup.
- In Nyala, a man is forbidden from buying drinks for more than three people other than himself at any one period during the day.
- It is illegal to drive a camel on the highway.
- In Eureka, men who wear moustaches are forbidden from kissing women.
- Everyone walking on the streets of Elko is required to wear a mask.
- It is illegal to sell the clothes one is wearing to pay off a gambling debt.
- It is illegal to check into a hotel under an assumed name.
Join the Beartown
Bears for exciting exercise. Just
click on the link below. After
you have had fun exercising the
bears, don't forget to click back
and enjoy more of Beartown News!
Copyright 2000 Claude Dern, All
This site hosted by VTweb.com